Topic: Can I change the default new project directory?

It's a minor nit, but while Windows insists that my $HOME directory is on my system drive, I've moved everything it will allow me to off the system drive. Typing in the correct root for my projects directory isn't a big deal, but if there's a way to do this, I'd love to know about it.

SF3 looks to be a good environment. I'm not a Fortran developer (I last used it when it was called FORTRAN) but I got the bug to check out Fortran and I think I'll be working with it for a while. I'm so tired of curly-brace languages.

Thanks.

Troy.

Re: Can I change the default new project directory?

Troy,

There is currently no way to change this, though you are not the first person to ask.  We'll get that changed to a user-configurable option in the next release.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Thanks Jeff. I'd be happy editing such things in a JSON settings file. Visual Studio Code and most of the open source Microsoft stuff does that now. It's lighter weight than doing a UI for it. On a whim I tried changing the start in directory on the Windows shortcut but that had no effect.

Probably the most intuitive thing from my perspective would be to keep what I last entered in the new project dialog as a sticky option, or perhaps remember the last 'n' and provide them in a drop down.

Thanks again!

Settings are actually stored as JSON, though not in any easily accessible or readable manner.  On Windows, they reside in the registry, and I don't believe on any platform that we trigger "pretty printing" (they appear as single, long line).  We also write them to disk on Windows, but I don't recall which  location takes precedence when loading them.

Regardless, the setting is already implemented for a 3.18 release, though it might actually appear sooner in a bug fix release (there is an issue with the coarray library that may require a new build soon).

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC