Topic: Three problems

I have encountered three problems that I cannot resolve.  They are making debugging difficult. 

1) The 'Local Variables' screen only displays variables for some routines.  Of course, the screen for the routine in which I am most interested in does not display. 

2) When I run my program w/o debug, it doesn't exit at the stop, but continues to run.

3). I cannot get the values that I entered into the Options->Launch->Command Line Arguments to be retrieved when I use CALL get_command(CMDARG).

Can anyone help me with these problems?

Re: Three problems

Harry,

I have a few questions to see if we can't figure out your issues:

1) Local variables are only ever visible for the current scope.  To see Local Variables within a certain subroutine or function, you'll need to set a breakpoint and proceed to said function first.  Is this the circumstance where things aren't working?

2) I am surprised that STOP isn't working without debug.  Is there a way you could send along a code sample that exhibits this behavior?

3)  I'll look into the Launch Options bug you're seeing.  What are the contents of CMDARG after the GET_COMMAND call?

Sorry for the issues and my delayed response.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: Three problems

Jeff
1) This is the case.  So far, I only see this problem with my main program and not in any of the subroutines that I have worked on.

2) This turned out to be a case of old eyes not seeing the difference between "0" and "o" in a variable.   It only happened when I ran w/o debug, probably because there was no command argument and I went down an untested path.

3) get_command returns C:\Users\harry\Documents\XXX Docs\Fortran\ChuckW\cove.exe C:\Users\harry\Documents\XXX Docs\Fortran\Chuck
with the the command line argument set to C:\Users\harry\Documents\XXXX Docs\Fortran\Chuck in the options tab, n.b. I tried to set it to C:\Users\harry\Documents\XXXX Docs\Fortran\ChuckW, but there is a 48 character limit.

After I deleted the command argument from the options tab, I got the same result.  Earlier I reconstitured my project and the command argument was a blank.

harry