Topic: A new SF version installation (registered previous installation)

Hello,
By installing a newer Simply Fortran version, does it come on top of the latest installed version, re-installing the latest automatically, or it should be uninstalled and installed anew apart?
Krzysztof

Re: A new SF version installation (registered previous installation)

If Simply Fortran is currently installed, installing a newer version will replace the previous version.  If you've already registered, the registration information is, of course, preserved.  You don't need to uninstall a previous version prior to installing a new version, but there is no harm in taking this route.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

After installing on top of one older installed SF version (1.29), the installation of new version (1.38) ended prematurely
(Because of an error 'cause the system has not been modified (...)). This is the XP SP2 where I installed the SF 1.29 previously successfully. Can you advise on a system modification solution to eventually succeed in the new SF version installation?

Version 1.29 was the last version that had used the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System for installers.  I would suggest uninstalling version 1.29 first, then installing 1.38 afterwards.  There might be a conflict between the two install systems.

If you have problems after trying an uninstall first, let me know.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC