Topic: Editor tabs not showing the 'unsaved' flag

When editing a source file, I'm accustomed to seeing a little symbol appearing on the source file's editor tab as soon as I change anything.  I've just noticed that this seems not to be working.

The editor still warns me at all the right moments when there's an unsaved file still open.
This also keeps happening because, without the 'usaved' flag, I'm not noticing when I need to save things

I'm using SF1.39.
---
John

2 (edited by JohnWasilewski 2013-02-10 12:42:41)

Re: Editor tabs not showing the 'unsaved' flag

How strange...

What I described before was exactly correct.  I tested and re-tested to make sure I wasn't imagining it.
But now, suddenly, with another source file I've opened and I am editing, the 'unsaved' flag has started appearing again as normal.

Seems it may have been a false alarm, though with slightly odd behaviour.
If it happens again I'll try to work out when it does and when it doesn't show the 'unsaved' flag in an unsaved file.
---
J.

John,

It looks like I can replicate the behavior you've reported.  I'll look into what's occurring.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

I've narrowed down the condition under which this bug occurs.  If the first tab is modified and another tab is opened, the modified icon will disappear, never to return.  If anyone sees any other condition under which it occurs, let us all know.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

The bug has been found and corrected.  A routine for locating a tab within an editor panel would return a default index of 0 if an editor tab couldn't be found.  When a new tab was loaded, Simply Fortran would immediately attempt to set the tab to unmodified prior to it being added to the editor panel itself.  Therefore, the default lookup value of 0 was used, causing the modified first tab (at index 0) to be marked as unmodified.

Anyway, the issue is corrected and will be included in the next release.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC