Topic: PlPlot

When I try to build the PlPlot package example project, this happens:

Fatal Error: Cannot read module file 'plplot.mod' opened at (1), because it was created by a different version of GNU Fortran
Error(E42): Last command making (build\x01f.o) returned a bad status
Error(E02): Make execution terminated

* Complete *
---
John

Re: PlPlot

John,

You'll need to update the package listing in the SF Package Manager.  When you open the package manager, click the "Update" button.  The package was updated to support Simply Fortran 1.42 and higher after the beta test started.

Future versions of the package manager may perform the updates automatically.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

I'm currently having issues with this as well.  I did the update.  I also uninstalled and reinstalled the PLPlot package.  Attempting to build the example project just gives the same answer.

John

Ok, I've found what's up.

In the default include directory:   \Libraries\Fortran\32\include\  there is only the plplot_extra.mod file, and the program is looking for plplot.mod

But in the \Libraries\Fortran\32\lib\fortran\modules\plplot directory, there are plplot.mod, plplot_flt.mod, and plplotp.mod.  So if you add that directory to the Include section of the Search directories in the Project options, then it will find it and compile correctly.

So maybe have the package installer put those files in that first include directory along with plplot_extra.mod?

John

Thanks for the report!  The issue arose because the PLPlot package had to be rebuilt when Simply Fortran moved to GNU Fortran 4.8 (from the 4.7 series).  The rebuilt package didn't have the modules located in the include folder properly.

The package has been updated appropriately: http://packages.simplyfortran.com/package/5.html

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Works for me now...  Thanks!

John