1 (edited by KevinW 2013-07-31 14:00:22)

Topic: Editor tab has disappeared from view

In the middle of some coding and my editor tab has just disappeared from view. The project still contains the file but I can't get into it to edit. Even tried reinstalling but to no avail. What's happened?

I guess I might have dragged it somewhere that I can't see. Is there a way to get to the tab.

Re: Editor tab has disappeared from view

Kevin,

When you say you "tried reinstalling," are you referring to reinstalling Simply Fortran from scratch, or just adding the file to the project again?

What exactly occurs when you double-click you file in the project pane?  Does an empty tab open, or does nothing occur?  What happens if you navigate and select the file via "Open..." in the File menu?  If you navigate to the file using Windows Explorer, can you find it in that case?  Just trying to understand the issue.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

The file was still present in Explorer and was visible in the Project pane, but when I double clicked nothing happened (there was no editor tab).

I thought about it and guessed that I might accidentally have dragged/resized the editor tab somewhere where I couldn't see it.

I ran regedit and deleted the Position Key from the registry and restarted Simply Fortran and it has fixed the problem.

Hope this is useful.

Kevin,

There was a bug in 1.45 where tabs could disappear permanently under very specific circumstances, and you're the first person to report it in the field!  I actually happened upon the bug while looking at Simply Fortran's code.  It should be fixed in future versions.  Sorry for the confusion.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC