Topic: Problem in dll accessing static library

I have written an application as a stand alone exe. The application includes a static library (.a) for some calculations. I have successfully built and ran the application and it works perfectly.

Now I am trying to convert the exe to a dll, so it can be called from a graphical interface. When I try to compile the dll project with the static library included, I get all sorts of "Undefined reference error" for the subroutines in the static library. So to check, I removed the static library (.a) from the project and replaced it with the actual source code that is part of the library. In this setup, the dll builds and works perfectly.

I am wonder why this happens? Is it not possible to include a static library (.a) in a dll project. Is it a Simply Fortran limitation or that of fortran compiler?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
skp

Re: Problem in dll accessing static library

What you're describing should work properly.  There may be a bug, however.  Would you be willing to send me a few things so I can debug your issue?  I'd need to see:

1. Your project file (.prj) for the DLL project
2. The Makefile for the DLL project ("View Makefile..." in the Project menu)
3. The compiler output when building the DLL project from the Build Window

It might be a simple error.  You can email the above to me at jeffrey.armstrong@approximatrix.com.

I don't need to see any of your source code or the libraries themselves.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: Problem in dll accessing static library

Dear Jeff,

The files requested by you are on its way.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
skp