Topic: FOX

I installed the fox package, and tried to build the sax_example_2.f90, but I got some errors message because the compiler can not find the modules or the libaries. The makefile is:
#
# Automagically generated by Approximatrix Simply Fortran
#
FC="C:\Program Files (x86)\Simply Fortran 2\mingw-w64\bin\gfortran.exe"
CC="C:\Program Files (x86)\Simply Fortran 2\mingw-w64\bin\gcc.exe"
AR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Simply Fortran 2\mingw-w64\bin\ar.exe"
TOUCH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Simply Fortran 2\fwin\wtouch.exe"
WRC="C:\PROGRA~2\SIMPLY~2\MINGW-~1\bin\windres.exe"
RM=rm -f

IDIR=-IC:/Users/jose.e.choy/AppData/Local/sfpm/32/include -IC:/Users/jose.e.choy/codigos/kml_for/../../AppData/Local/sfpm/32/include
# -I error: Directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Simply Fortran 2\mingw-w64\include\ does not exist

LDIR=-LC:/PROGRA~2/SIMPLY~2/MINGW-~1/lib/ -LC:/Users/jose.e.choy/AppData/Local/sfpm/32/lib -LC:/Users/jose.e.choy/codigos/kml_for/../../AppData/Local/sfpm/32/lib

SPECIALFLAGS=-g -m32 $(IDIR)

RCFLAGS=-O coff -F pe-i386

PRJ_FFLAGS=
PRJ_CFLAGS=
PRJ_LFLAGS=

FFLAGS=$(SPECIALFLAGS)  $(PRJ_FFLAGS) -Jmodules

CFLAGS=-g -m32  $(IDIR) $(PRJ_CFLAGS)

"build\sax_example_2.o": ".\sax_example_2.f90"
    $(FC) -c -o "build\sax_example_2.o" $(FFLAGS) ".\sax_example_2.f90"
"modules\m_handlers.mod": "build\sax_example_2.o"
    $(TOUCH) -c "modules\m_handlers.mod"

clean: .SYMBOLIC
    $(RM) "build\sax_example_2.o" "modules\m_handlers.mod"
    $(RM) "Project.exe"

"Project.exe":  "build\sax_example_2.o"
    $(FC) -o "Project.exe" -static -m32 "build\sax_example_2.o" $(LDIR) $(PRJ_LFLAGS)

all: "Project.exe" .SYMBOLIC

2 (edited by jose.e.choy 2013-08-18 04:22:14)

Re: FOX

Dear Jeff:
I managed to compile correctly the  sax_example_2.f90 program. I downloaded the files of the fox package (from the fox website) and placed in a directory all the xxx.f90 files necessary to generate the xxx.mod required by sax_example_2.f90. I created a project and added  the xxx.f90 files, and SF built the executable without any problem. I launched the program and it executed correctly.
Then, I substituted the old xxx.mod files in the include directory created by SFPM with the new ones. This solved the issue

Jose,

I just tried building the FoX example from the package manager myself, and I didn't encounter the issue you were reporting.  I don't have a good explanation as to why you would have had this problem.  What was the error you originally encountered?  Can you replicate it by starting from the example project again?

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

dear Jeff:

With the changes I made, sax_example_2.f90 builds with no issue. So, I tried with wxml_example_f90.

It did not built, but I could not copy and paste the errors message. So, I will transcript a line of the error message (that report the first error encountered by the compiler):

C:\Users\jose.e.choy\codigos\fox_wxml/ ./wxml_example.f90:11 undefined reference to `__m_wxml_core_MOD_xml_openfile'

These lines from the makefile maybe could be useful:

IDIR=-IC:/Users/jose.e.choy/AppData/Local/sfpm/32/include -IC:/Users/jose.e.choy/AppData/Local/sfpm/32/include
# -I error: Directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Simply Fortran 2\mingw-w64\include\ does not exist

LDIR=-LC:/PROGRA~2/SIMPLY~2/MINGW-~1/lib/ -LC:/Users/jose.e.choy/AppData/Local/sfpm/32/lib -LC:/Users/jose.e.choy/AppData/Local/sfpm/32/lib

I am using windows 7 64 bits. In project options I chose 32 bits

Hi Jeff. The problem is solved just by building the example provided in SF.
I opened the SF IDE. click in new projects. In examples I chose fortran XML (FOX) examples. I built and executed the example provided. After that I made a project where I include the wxml_example.f90 and everything went right