Topic: Can't open module file: No such file or directory
This is almost certainly an "inexperienced user" problem, and the solution is probably very obvious, just not to me.
So, I've created a module, compiled and tested said module (let's call it modA) in a project (let's call it projA). I'm now working on another project (projB) in which I want to USE the module file. I have added the "module" and "build" directories of projA to the "Include/Module Directories" of projB (via Project Options > File Locations > Search Directories... > Add...). Every time I go to build projB, I get a
Fatal Error: Can't open module file 'modA.mod' for reading at (1): No such file or directory
The result is the same if I:
1) Try to copy modA.mod to projB's "Modules" directory
2) Add modA.mod to the project (from it's original directory or projB's "Modules" folder)
3) Add modA.o to the project from its original directory
4) Add modA source to the project from its original directory
The code DOES compile if:
1) I copy modA's source code to projB's directory and add it to the project
2) I copy modA.mod to projB "Modules" dir, copy modA.o to projB "Build" dir, and add modA.o to projB
Is this the intended way to use modules? I had thought that modules could be compiled, and than just referenced in situ in new projects.