Topic: Version 2.19 Problem

Hi Jeff,
Downloaded and installed 2.19. And it does display the Allocated elements. But something is going wrong and I'm not sure what it is.  I have a line of data that contains 4 different elements in 10-column fields for a Dam Structure table - Elevation, Discharge, Volume and Area.  The first line of data would look like this:
                             Elev      Disch      Volume      Area
(20 blank spaces) 591.00                    247.8      76.8

and the 10th line of data:

(20 blanks)             615                                     607.7     

The elements are referenced as Str%Elev(), Str%PSDisch(), Str%Volume() and Str%Area(%)

When I display the values, the elevation value shows up in all 4 elements, i.e., 591.00 as Str%Elev(1), Str%PSDisch(1), Str%Volume(1) and Str%Area(1).

If I look at the 10th elements (Str%Elev(10), etc.), the elevation 615.00 is shown as above.

I THINK the values are being stored correctly, but I'm not sure.

Don

2 (edited by davidb 2015-01-06 22:59:16)

Re: Version 2.19 Problem

Wait and see what Jeff thinks.

For the test code below, I found that all the values were correctly shown in the variables window.

type dam_struct
      real :: Elevation
      real :: Discharge
      real :: Volume
      real :: Area
   end type dam_struct

type(dam_struct), allocatable :: dam(:)

allocate (dam(3))

! Setup structures with an easily recognized pattern
   dam(1) = dam_struct(1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0)
   dam(2) = dam_struct(10.0, 20.0, 30.0, 40.0)
   dam(3) = dam_struct(100.0 ,200.0, 300.0, 400.0)

end

Or arranging things differently, it still worked:

type dam_struct
      real, allocatable :: elev(:)
      real, allocatable :: Disch(:)
      real, allocatable :: Volume(:)
      real, allocatable :: Area(:)
   end type dam_struct

type(dam_struct) :: dam

allocate (dam%elev(3))
   allocate (dam%disch(3))
   allocate (dam%volume(3))
   allocate (dam%Area(3))

dam%elev = (/1.0, 10.0, 100.0/)
   dam%disch = (/2.0, 20.0, 200.0/)
   dam%volume = (/3.0, 30.0, 300.0/)
   dam%Area = (/4.0, 40.0, 400.0/)

Perhaps double check your values are stored correctly.

--
David

Don Hazlewood wrote:

Hi Jeff,
When I display the values, the elevation value shows up in all 4 elements, i.e., 591.00 as Str%Elev(1), Str%PSDisch(1), Str%Volume(1) and Str%Area(1).

Don,

I'm a bit confused about your description.  By "when I display the values," are you referring to examining the values in the debugger?  When you print (via Write(*,*) or Print *,) the four values, do you see something different than what the debugger is showing?

I'm just trying to understand the situation and ensure that the issue isn't related to a formatted read issue.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

The values are stored correctly, they just don't display correctly in the debugger.  The debugger repeats what is shown in the first column (Str%Elev(n)) for all the other columns (Str%PSDisch(n), Str%Volume(n), Str%Area(n)).  If I create a dummy variable, such as STArea and put in the statement STArea = Str%Area(n), STArea has the proper value and displays correctly, both in the list of variables and hi-lite and hover.  I haven't tried using a Write or Print statements -- after I satisfied myself the values were correctly stored, I moved on to other issues.