Topic: APLOT Save-As bmp file?

Hi Jeff,

The APLOT module plots and scales 2-D data correctly, but when saving the plot to a bitmap (bmp) file the plot is moved up and to the right when displayed such that the y-axis labels no longer appear.  Perhaps this is a problem that I've created, but I thought that it might be something you could look into and see if you experienced the same issue.

btw, any possibility to add png files?

Merry Christmas,
Frank

Re: APLOT Save-As bmp file?

Frank,

There appears to be a Windows-specific bug caused by the clipping to the plot frame that we added in this version.  I'll see that it's fixed quickly.

We don't plan on adding PNG support or any other formats on Windows.  We're trying to keep the number of libraries required by Aplot to a minimum, so the library relies on formats supported directly by the operating system (except on Linux, where we have custom code to write out a BMP equivalent).  We can look at it, but it will require two additional libraries plus custom code to convert the in-memory bitmap.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: APLOT Save-As bmp file?

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for looking into this issue with APLOT.  Fixing the clipping issue is most important while adding other digital formats other than bmp is at best secondary.

Wish you a happy, productive, and prosperous New Year 2019.

Frank