Topic: Two minor issues

1. It seems that on my system (win10) Dedent (Shift + Tab) does not work.
2. With Save As... the source file extension (.f90 or whatever) is not automatically appended.
Carlos

Re: Two minor issues

Carlos,

I'll look into dedent.  Not sure why that has broken.  I'm not sure Save As... appending the extension has ever worked.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Carlos,

It appears dedent doesn't work if it's performed on one line, but seems to work fine on multiple lines.  Can you confirm that you see this behavior as well?

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff,
I can confirm that dedent works fine on multiple lines. I think, I had some problems with lines pasted from
clipboard, but at the moment I am not able to reproduce them. As regards not appending the extension,
I understand that this is the feature not a bug. When saving  "foo.f90" as  "fooo", I hoped for "fooo.f90"
as the file name, but of course it is a minor issue.

Carlos,

There was a bug in the code related to adding the extension.  At some point, the file dialog became "smarter" about what you were trying to save.  For example, if the editor was in "Free-Format Fortran" mode, it would default to setting that extension as the default when you select "Save As."  Likewise for fixed-format Fortran.  However, the code that would append the extensions was not updated when this change was made.  If you ever chose the default extension in the file dialog, it would never append the extension.  So yes, there was a bug.

The dedent was definitely broken for a single line if you simply pressed Shift+Tab.  If you used the menu, though, it worked.  There was a bug in the editor code where the keystroke was interpreted that had to be fixed, and it seems to work now.  It will all be out in 3.13 in a week or so once we hunt down a handful of other bugs and confirm the compiler upgrade is okay.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC