Topic: outtext/outtextxy

Can anybody see why outtexty does not always output the specified texts in this subroutine, whereas the settextboxcontents always does?

subroutine get_angles( )
       use appgraphics     
       implicit none
       integer i1,iangles_box(3)

call outtextxy (xpos+50, ypos+30, 'Start Angle: ') !Start angle label
       iangles_box(1) = createtextbox (xpos+150, ypos+30, 50, 20)     !Start angle text box
       call settextboxcontents (iangles_box(1), '0')
       call outtextxy (xpos+50, ypos+60, 'End Angle: ')   !End angle label
       iangles_box(2) = createtextbox (xpos+150, ypos+60, 50, 20)     !End angle text box
       call settextboxcontents (iangles_box(2), '180')
       call outtextxy (xpos+50, ypos+90, 'Increment: ')   !Increment angle label
       iangles_box(3) = createtextbox (xpos+150, ypos+90, 50, 20)     !Increment angle text box
       call settextboxcontents (iangles_box(3), '10')

end subroutine get_angles

Re: outtext/outtextxy

Can you expand a bit on what does happen?  When I add this subroutine to an AppGraphics test program, it seems to work.

I will say that there is a conversion occurring by default that does convert the string from UTF-8 to wide characters, but that shouldn't be an issue here since the strings are constants.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

3 (edited by tun_day 2022-06-11 14:42:57)

This is part of a program consisting of 4 user selections. The selections can be made in any order. This subroutine is invoked when the user makes the 2nd selection. The strings "Start Angle", "end Angle", "Increment Angle" are displayed if the user selects the second selection first before any other selection but does not display the strings otherwise.
I hope you understand the problem, I have trouble explaining it

As long as it is displayed first, the strings are displayed, is that correct?

In other selections, what are you drawing/placing where the text is displayed for this selection?

My thinking is that there is a Windows control (checkbox, radio button, etc.) that is drawn and is interfering with subsequent drawing operations.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

That's what I thought too. Ok I will investigate some more.