1 (edited by m.groetaers 2018-10-28 18:19:10)

Topic: Gtk-fortran

Hello Jeff,

When trying to run the Gtk-fortran example I got this from the build step:

Generating Makefile... Okay
==============================================================================
Compiling .\bazaar.f90
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
.\bazaar.f90:45:6:

use gtk, only: gtk_about_dialog_new, gtk_about_dialog_set_authors, &
Fatal Error: Cannot read module file 'gtk.mod' opened at (1), because it was created by a different version of GNU Fortran
compilation terminated.
Error: Last command making (build\bazaar.o) returned a bad status
Error: Make execution terminated

* Failed *

It seems that the module was compiled by a different version of gfortran. If I am right, would it be possible to recompile the package and substitute the one which is presently in Package Manager?

Thanks,

Marcelos Groetaers

Re: Gtk-fortran

Marcelos,

What version of Simply Fortan are you currently using?  You can check by clicking "About" in the Help menu.

And what version of Gtk-Fortran do you have installed?  You can check by starting the SF Package Manager.  It should list which version exactly.  Perhaps Simply Fortran or this particular package isn't up to date.  I was relatively confident that the currently available version of Gtk-Fortran works with the current version of the Simply Fortran.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Hi Jeff,

I have the following software installed:
- SF version 2.41 build 2559
- Gtk+ (32-bit) version 2.24 updated 2014-03-19
- Gtk-Fortran version 20130409-1 updated 2014-06-04
- PLplot with Gtk+ Support (32-bit) version 5.9.9 updated 2017-08-30

Another different issue is related to map plot with DISLIN. It seems that the map contour files are not installed or are unreacheable because in the map examples the contours won't show. This happens with DISLIN 64-bit version 11 updated 2017-03-28.

Hmm, perhaps the GTK+ 2 package wasn't updated.  Any reason you're using GTK+ 2 rather than 3? Just wondering.  I'll see that the packages are updated.

We don't install the DISLIN contour files (map*.dat).  Are they used only for the example, or are they generally necessary?  We can update the package to deploy them, but it will take some time.  In the meantime, you can download a DISLIN distribution directly from the Max Planck Institute and extract them manually.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Just testing the packages for now. I tried Gtk+3 and it worked fine.
I'll try DISLIN directly from Max Planck as you suggest.

Thanks

It looks like the Gtk-Fortran package using GTK+2 wasn't upgraded to the current compiler standard.  I think the original idea was that everyone should be using the packages based on GTK+3, but the GTK+2 package remained available.  The PLplot packages are almost certainly affected as well.  I'll see to it that they're updated.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC