I haven't heard from any other users with a similar issue, no. Not being able to replicate the issue is making debugging your problem pretty tricky. Is there anything else about your situation that you could share? Info like:
1. How many tabs are open when the problem occurs?
2. You mention that sometimes it appears "cropped." Does that correspond to where the file dialog had been?
3. Do you have "Remove Excess Whitespace on Save" enabled?
4. Are you saving to a local disk or a network drive?
5. Are you saving as free-format or fixed-format Fortran?
6. How often are you seeing "Failed to Save File" errors that you've mentioned?
I'm sorry you are having this problem. It can't be fun trying to deal with it.